Headquartered in Victoria since 1978, Archipelago Marine Research is a long-standing BC employer. Through additional offices at each of British Columbia’s busiest fishing ports, and its Asia Pacific subsidiary in Australia, Archipelago maintains a staff of 170+ industry professionals including biologists, at-sea observers, dockside monitors, technicians and more. Archipelago provides observer training (with full government certification) for at-sea and dockside monitoring staff, and maintains the highest standards for quality service and professional conduct.
At Archipelago, employees make a commitment to the company and to each other. Employees are expected to contribute to a positive workplace, exercise best efforts, and develop their careers within an atmosphere of cooperation and shared respect; in kind, Archipelago offers gainful employment in a safe, healthy, and respectful environment.
Archipelago posts new opportunities regularly. Check back frequently for the latest postings.
Accounting Technician (Victoria, BC)
Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., established in 1978, is a Victoria-based consulting firm specializing in national and international commercial fisheries monitoring and marine environmental assessment services. Archipelago is a recognized world leader in the development and delivery of fisheries monitoring programs and monitoring technology.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Technician will perform a variety of day to day accounting work including accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, and general ledger transactions and reconciliations. This is a full-time position based on a 37.5-hour work week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable coding, entry and payments
- Corporate and employee visa expense coding, entry and statement reconciliations
- Employee expense claim coding and entry
- Accounts receivable entry
- Process and distribute automated invoice batches
- Prepare monthly and project-based billings
- Process and distribute monthly client account statements
- Daily processing, reconciliation and entry of credit card payments
- Monitor bank accounts and credit card balances
- Various Month End tasks
- Primary contact for vendor and client queries
- Primary contact for internal financial data requests and queries
- Post-secondary education with minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with ERP systems such as Tenrox and GP Dynamics is an asset
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite – advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Archipelago offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes; health and dental benefits package, health care and wellness spending account, and RRSP contributions. We have a socially responsible and flexible corporate culture and we provide training and development opportunities for our employees.
Email or fax your resume with salary expectations to:
Archipelago Marine Research Ltd.
525 Head Street, Victoria, BC, Canada V9A 5S1
Fax: (250) 383-0103 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 21, 2018
Note: Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
Recruitment agencies: Please note that Archipelago does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. From time to time, Archipelago works with a limited number of recruitment agencies to assist with sourcing candidates for specific positions; however, the company only works with recruitment agencies that have signed a written service agreement with Archipelago. Any third-party recruitment agency submitting candidates without an agreement in place will not be eligible to receive any fee, and Archipelago will consider any candidate application submitted without an agreement in place to be the property of Archipelago Marine Research.