Dockside monitoringIndependent, third-party verification of landed catch
Validate catch at the point of offload
Independent, third-party verification of landed catch is key to the continued sustainability of commercial groundfish fisheries. Since 1989, Archipelago has helped fisheries staff to establish data–management standards, while providing trained and government certified shore–based observers to assist with fisheries data collection, validation, and the integration of new technologies.
Dockside monitoring services:
- Verification of species, weights, and piece counts
- Electronic capture of landings data
- Collection of fishing log, hail, and related data
- Collection of samples and tag data for scientific assessment
- Compliance monitoring of fishing activities
- Application of product tags for market tracking, compliance, and research
- Logging and tracking of individual quotas for in-season fishery management
Archipelago Marine Research is listed with the Canadian General Standards Board, and designated by Fisheries and Oceans Canada as a certified provider of dockside monitoring services.